- Pin Placement details basically come from the TOP level design where we are having information to place pins according to the interaction with other HMs.
- We need to define edge, layer and location before placing pins.
- After pin placement, IO Pad placement happens.
- Check pin assignment w.r.t to different design checks.
Power Mux placement
- Use a Power MUX (PMUX) to Switch the Retention rail.
- Power muxes are similar to power switch which are used for the Macros present in the design.
- We can change the offset, pitch and distance of PMUX depending upon requirement.
- Power mux controls the read/write operation for the macros and controls sudden excessive power loss.